Listing hardware information with I-Nex in Xubuntu

Updated: 10 June 2015

I-Nex is a hardware information gatherer with graphical interface. It displays detailed hardware information and some software information about the Operating System, Kernel and packages.

I-Nex is quick gathering the information. The interface is well organized and easy to understand. I-Nex also provides the possibility of generating a detailed report and create a screenshot directly from the application.

I-Nex running on Xubuntu
I-Nex running on Xubuntu

Install

I-Nex requires a up-to-date Gambas 3 (used for the graphical interface), so we need to add the Gambas 3 PPA. To install them both, open a terminal window and run:

sudo add-apt-repository ppa:gambas-team/gambas3 -y && sudo add-apt-repository ppa:i-nex-development-team/stable -y && sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get install i-nex -y

Usage

I-Nex can be accessed via Applications Menu > System > I-Nex or typing the following command: i-nex.

Uninstall

If you wish to remove I-Next, open a terminal window and run:

sudo apt-get remove i-nex -y && sudo add-apt-repository -r ppa:gambas-team/gambas3 -y && sudo add-apt-repository -r ppa:i-nex-development-team/stable -y && sudo apt-get autoremove -y && sudo apt-get update

References

I-Nex: Tool To List Hardware Information In Linux, Similar To CPU-Z | Web Upd8

Comments

  1. Really nice blog friend, greetings from Mexico

    ReplyDelete
  2. Commands don't work anymore....useless post

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The post has been updated and show should now be working. Please try again.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

[HOW TO] Create QR Codes in Xubuntu 12.04

[FIX] VLC is unable to open the MRL (smb://)

Add items to Xfce Applications Menu