Xfce 4.10 has been released. Just below this paragraph are some highlights (more information is available at Xfce 4.10 tour). In the "Install" section are instructions for installing Xfce in Xubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin.
- The application finder has been completely rewritten and combines the functionality of the old appfinder and xfrun4 (press Alt+F2 and start typing the name of the application you want to open).
- The new settings manager groups configuration dialogs in categories and allows you to search for their names or descriptions.
- The new MIME type editor does just that. It allows you to easily assign a default application to a file type, see your changes and reset them to default settings when necessary.
- In 4.10 you can drag and drop a tarball with a downloaded theme onto the style or icon list. Xfce will attempt to extract and install the files into the ~/.themes or ~/.icons directory.
- Xfdesktop has gained support for single-click operation, automated background image cycling and thumbnail rendering.
Open a terminal window and run:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:xubuntu-dev/xfce-4.10 -y && sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get dist-upgrade
ReferencesXfce 4.10 tour
INSTALL XFCE 4.10 IN XUBUNTU 12.04 PRECISE PANGOLIN VIA PPA