In this article I’ll show you how to replace xfrun4, the default XFCE4 application launcher, so when you hit the Alt+F2 combination gmrun will run instead of xfrun4.
“But why would you replace xfrun4 with gmrun?"
|To complete a command type the first letters, then hit Tab until you have selected|
the desired command. The arrow keys can also be used to change the selection.
If you're convinced to change to gmrun, here are the steps:
- Install gmrun, using a terminal window: sudo apt-get install gmrun
- Replace xfrun4 with gmrun:
- Open "Settings Manager" (Applications Menu > Settings > Settings Manager)
- Click on "Keyboard"
- Select the "Application Shortcuts" tab
- Remove the xfrun4 command (select it and hit Remove)
- Click on Add and type gmrun as the command
- After clicking OK, press F2 while holding Alt
- That's it! Now gmrun should run when you hit the Alt+F2 combination